Dr Paul Hardy-Smith
Managing DirectorBVSc(Hons), MACVSc(Aquatic Animal Health), GAICD, Grad Dip(Aquaculture)
Managing Director – Panaquatic® Health Solutions Pty Ltd (“Panaquatic”)2003 – present
Dr Hardy-Smith works in Australia, Canada, the US and a number of Asian countries including Thailand, China and Malaysia. He is an aquaculture and aquatic animal health consultant for national and local governments, multinational companies and privately owned fish farming enterprises.
Production Veterinarian for Heritage Salmon Limited – Canada1999 – 2003
Heritage Salmon produced around 15,000 tonnes of salmon annually. This position required extensive knowledge and experience in the management and control of major diseases of salmon, in farm biosecurity and in fish quality and marketing.
State Government Aquatic Animal Veterinarian for Tasmania1995 – 1999
This position focussed on diagnostics, treatments and the development of aquaculture regulations.
Dr Hardy-Smith also had input at a federal level in developing the National exotic disease policy and import/export guidelines.
Pacific Salmon Farmer, Canada1991
Worked on a Pacific salmon farm near Tofino, British Columbia.
Worked in mixed veterinarian practice primarily in rural Victoria1988 – 91, 93 – 95
- 1987: Bachelor of Veterinary Science – University of Melbourne
- 1995: Graduate Diploma in Aquaculture – Deakin University
- Member (by examination) of the Aquatic Animal Health Chapter, Australian College of Veterinary Scientists
- Graduate Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Dr Hardy-Smith also has a full commercial Coxswains ticket, is a qualified Commercial Diver and a recreational Diving Instructor